Monday, October 3, 2011

dating do's and don'ts...Debbie's way!

So..
I have gotten my feet wet
with dating!
Still not doing a lot of it...
but have done enough of it
to know a few things!

I have some Don'ts..
still learning the Do's.

I am learning that
I have a few pet peeves.

The first is that
when someone asks if they can call-
I tend to tell them
that I cannot talk until my kids
are in bed,
I give a time..
and yet..
it seems not to matter!
The phone will ring
2 hours before the kids are sleeping!
and I know..
I will NEVER pick up!
its not about calling the shots..
its about being HEARD!

I am also learning
that there are men
who will say
they like what I stand for.
respect who I am..
and yet,
their actions
and intentions
on a first or second date..
say otherwise.
Its why
a third date does not happen!
I am clear about who I am..
Trust me!

I am learning
that those little 'warnings' in my gut
start going off quite quickly!
I do not always hear them
until they are yelling..
but I am learning that they are
always there!

Most of all,
I am learning to follow my instincts!
to listen to my gut..
to believe in my own hunches...
I am learning
to trust in ME!

6 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to hate this dating game. I'm seeing someone now who i like but not in a way that would enable us to stay together forever as partners - but even so I enjoy her company and we'd make great friends.

    But. Is it possible to be friends with someone you've dated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...interesting question! My ex and I are friends! But, we have children together! the guys I have dated 'casually' I would not consider friends! I guess it will come down to how it ends...??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best part of this Debbie: is that you are finding out by the second date that he's not worth your time and effort. Set in your ways? Nope, just knowing what's going to work and what isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very proud of you for sticking to your guns and knowing your value! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for taking it slow and remembering what you stand for! I, too, am a stickler about no phone calls before the kids are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! You clearly know who you are and what you will and won't tolerate! :)

    ReplyDelete