Wednesday, February 29, 2012

dating..or lack of it...

So I gave up on line dating..
it works...
for some!
It certainly
kept me busy...
dinners out; here and there!
but, ultimately..
the investment of time-
the lack of true
'connections'...
the exhausting process
of starting from scratch-
just did me in!

And so..
for the last several months
I have been dateless!
and some times
I miss the hope!
And always
I yearn for the possibility...
but mostly
I accept where I am.

Whenever I wonder..
if maybe,
I should actually look harder..
should get out more..
reconsider my options-
lower my expectations...
I remember
that settling for less
than is right for me,
is not an option!

and so..
I keep on
keeping on!
Living single..
enjoying life..
not waiting for the next stage-
just wondering
what might possibly
be waiting for me!

3 comments:

  1. i understand. i left the dating on the internet world and came back after a year off. chin up :)


    http://rachaelmgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love yourself, enjoy life, be "in" each moment of every day and don't forget you are a woman! Life is full of amazing opportunities...joy is the best part.
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah just keep your chin up and remember that sometimes love finds you when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete