Tuesday, November 1, 2011

settle for more...

Being alone
has its perks..
it also has its down falls!

However,
the reality is that
I am OK.
I do not have a lot...
but I have enough.
I have my kids.
I have my home.
I have friends.
I have hobbies.

I need little..
so settling for less
is not an option.

If I do move forward,
if I do meet someone..
if I enter into a relationship;
it will be because
the relationship
brings more to my life
than is there now.

it will be more
than fun and companionship-
I have that in friends
and family.

it will be security,
it will be contentment,
it will be stability,
it will be trust,
it will be respect.
it will be something
that I cannot bring to the table alone..

and than I will settle..

until than..
less is more!

6 comments:

  1. So true hun...so true!!
    Hugging you
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but at the same time, I've been on my own for 5 years, and I am not ashamed to say that it's getting old. I miss being part of a pair...not enough to settle for less than what I want, or even actively look for it... but I'm a little lonely and worn-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place to be in life! Knowing that you can stand alone and do great. Good job Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you doing Saturday night?

    Fancy dinner?

    I figure it would be worth the 3000 mile trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sue ann- hugging back!

    southern mom- its been 3 years for me .. and sometimes it does get old!!! I get that!!

    mama has spoken- it does feel like a great place to be in life!

    Spencer- you made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!!
    Thanks for linking up with TFC : )
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete