Monday, October 12, 2009

finding me...

I am still working on my last counseling assignment...
finding ways to show that I respect myself...
I am realizing how much in life I compromise..
and am also seeing where I lack boundaries,
even within my own choices..,
my own lack of impulse control!
I tend to do then think...

Alot of these things take time..
and certainly realizing them is the first step..

but reclaiming me
not just fixing me..
but reclaiming who I am...
has been a process in the works
for the last 10 months!
Slowly I have begun to reclaim my ideals...
I have always been more flower child then 90s child...
I would have loved to join the peace core..
and I would have been good at it!!;)
I am passionate about animals...
and the world we live in!
I want to make a difference,
help..
leave a footprint behind when I leave this earth!
and part of reclaiming me
has been reclaiming that!

I also tend to live out loud..
I want to live what I believe..
I tend to live my beliefs in big ways..
and so, as I embrace me
accept me
learn to be me,
with no one to frown on my quirkiness...
I have gone back to my high school passions
and am doing my part to save the world!!:)
its never to late..
10 months ago I went back to a vegetarian lifestyle...
this week I am taking the next step to vegan.
Its about so much more then how I eat!
Its about who I am..
how I want to live my life..
who I want to be...
its the best part of where I am!
The place in which becoming me
is not a chore..
but is a blast!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love you for your quirkiness! I'm glad you are embracing that and "finding" yourself again. Just don't run off to the peace corps yet! I like having you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time to be you! Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get to the point that all of this self work is a blast. I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it became a blast when I became OK with who I am and what I want out of life..I am still working on the details..but have finally become OK with the process...!!!

    ReplyDelete