Friday, August 19, 2011

pandora's box...

The thing
with being alone..
it seems,
is that I am OK
alone;
until I am not alone!

so when I was
solidly single
I was content alone.
Then I started
to date-
and now,
while I can be alone,
sometimes I feel sad by myself!

I do not know
what the future looks like-
or even what tomorrow holds.

But, I know
that I have started to hope
for a presence..
hope for a person..
hope for a resolution..
and hope for security!

Not enough
to sell my soul...
not enough
to compromise who I am...
but, enough
to hurt my heart a bit.
enough to 'feel'-

It seems I opened
pandora's box
when I dropped my walls...
now all I can do
is wait
and see...
not an easy place to be!

4 comments:

  1. No it isn't an easy place to be. But know you are the holder of your heart and can give and take as you choose!!
    Enjoy!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find someone.

    I was left broken hearted when my ex finished our relationship and i started to date afterwards, a lot more then I've confessed on my blog, but things never felt right and I worried that I was comparing. I wasn't things just weren't right.

    I've now started to date someone I "like" and can see, regardless of whether this works, I want to feel that connection again. I think it is worth the risk (or at least I hope it is!).

    Although, if this fails I'm getting on a plane and taking you out (if you'll have me?) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue anne..so true! I love that!

    Spencer- you always make me smile! Don't make me hope this does not work out for you!..;-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kinda like eating one cookie or one chip. You get a taste and want some more. And when you dont have one you are ok not having.
    It will get easier once again I am sure. It is a balance

    ReplyDelete