Monday, August 15, 2011

Unexpected clarity!

The most bizarre and amazing thing
happened to me
Saturday night!

I was meant to have a date...
it did not work out!
I went to my quirky coffee shop..
alone!
something I do a lot!

rarely do I see others alone...
its a cute little place-
live music
nice menu
wine or coffee...
I always drink coffee..
or water.

As I sat alone-
I saw a man come in on his own.
I noticed!
He was young, handsome..
and its Saturday night!
I could not help but wonder..
why would he choose here?
and yes..I KNOW that I choose here!
but, I am quirky!

He sat for a while,
ate,
drank water..
we made eye contact a few times..
but he was far away.
I read my book..pouted(over missed date)..ate!

He left..
I left later.
I went down stairs
and he sat outside the restaurant on a bench..
he started chatting to me..
we stopped chatting 4 1/2 hours later!

Turns out..
he spends his time alone
the way I do..
wondering the streets of the quaint little town..
away from the bars and the bustle..

now..
he is younger than I am.
Enough to make him think..
Maybe or Maybe not;
enough to change it all?
we shall see...
not so much for me..
but, maybe for him?
guess time will tell!

So..for now..
I have met a wonderful new friend!
One I will see again.

In the mean time..
I realized..
that easy connection?
that fluke meeting?
that kindred moment?
its out there...
and worth waiting for..
no matter the end result!

5 comments:

  1. that's awesome. you deserve it. and he talked to you first! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The missed date = everything happens for a reason. How fabulous, great post and can't wait to hear what happens next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those types of meetings can be so wonderful - - what a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this. I hope the friendship grows in strength. A great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what you find when you aren't looking.

    ReplyDelete