Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fresh start, award, new home..LIFE IS GOOD!!


Thankyou Breeze at www.breezedaze.blogspot.com for this award!! I comment because I find your poems to be breathtaking...and when I visit your site I always leave thinking and pondering and inspired!! Thankyou for the award, made my day!!!:)

So, after days of not blogging I am back ..
I was gone..because..I finally...
MOVED!!!
A FRESH start!!
A NEW (to us) home....
NEW paint
NEW carpets..
NEW bedding...
NEW Bird feeders in the back yard....
NEW towels in the bathroom..
NEW potholders in the kitchen..
NEW...NEW...NEW...
and it all combines
for a NEW out look!!
A place of literally getting to say good bye to the past!
Today I handed over the keys..
to a home...
I built!
I picked the counters
and cabinets
and light fixtures.....
I painted with friends,
the kids rooms...
and the attic held my love letters
and baby shoes..
a home that was my childrens
for 6 years...
I handed over the key..
thinking I might also be handing over my heart,
BUT NO....
it did not hurt!
I am past that place,
I have grieved this..
and at some point I moved on!
So, as I looked back one last time..
I looked back fondly at the pink kitchen counter...
and smiled in memory at the painted green living room..
and walked away lighter...
to the home that is now ours!
the home that holds memories to come...
and most importantly,
the home that holds my heart...my children!
Life is good!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely....I pray that is what your new home becomes to you. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you got moved in! I need to come by and visit and drop off a bunny cage and check out your new digs.
    Pink countertops? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.rockpoplyrics.com/alo.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award, Debbie and thank you for your kind comment at my place.
    "I will be back", as Arnie would say ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for you and the kids, enjoy your new home and th new memories you'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is great!
    congratulations on your new home and your new start.
    you are a very strong woman

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy for you! Did you sell the old house?

    ReplyDelete