Thursday, June 18, 2009

a picture worth a thousand words?


Diane at daines addled ramblings
posted a picture tonight
then shared why it was a favorite..
I have done the same...

My picture is a favorite
in a sad and surreal way..

It was a picture taken
easter of 2006...
at the time my life
was literally coming apart
at the seams...

but I did not yet know it...
The picture reminds me
of trust and hope..
the faith I had before I knew...
The innocence that since seems lost...
and yet in this moment..
all is pure and real..
love is a reality...
forever a promise...
and a family complete...

In the irony that came to be
The family is now complete...
still just us 4...
now with a broken promise
and love long gone..
but complete.

YET..... not as trusting..
not as innocent...
the children now older...
everything changed...
so the picture is sweet
in the remembrance
of the innocence of the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment