Monday, December 20, 2010

Bring on the men...

Ok..
not exactly!
But, it is a line
I remember a friend saying to me..
she was sharing
that when she finally
felt ready...
she said
"bring on the men"..
and nothing happened..
not then!
She is now happily remarried.

Life happens in its own time!
But,
I can relate!

For really
the first time in over 2 years..
I am ready!
I have now dated..
I have healed..
I have learned lessons
from the past
and the present!
I am OK!

I went on a dinner date
with a friend recently
and realized
that I am ready for that stage..
I enjoy
being out..
the company....
the experience...

but, now
the age old question
starts!

How..
where...?

married friends will say
it shall happen in time..
:)
and it will!

But, there is also
a very real
reality...
As a single mom..
who teaches preschool
by day..
and takes care of her kids
by night,
where oh where
does one find
'the men..!'

and so
this next stage of living...
next stage of life should be fun!

Ready..
but waiting...
Waiting..
but not anxious...
Excited...
but cautious!
So....
bring on the men!
ha ha!

8 comments:

  1. So THAT'S what I need to say?! Bring on the men!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they will come too!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will happen when you least expect it, in the wierdest places.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at that stage too, and wondering the same thing. I am trying to get up the nerve to try the online thing. I know several people who have very good luck meeting great folks on one particular site. But, I'm scared to take that step!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you, Deb! But I've found that you can even meet men in Publix. So, God will orchestrate the right place and time...all by himself. I've tried the online dating, but that doesn't seem to work, either. Really, I don't have time for it. Soooo, God has His perfect timing in mind. Therefore, I'll wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make a list!! Make a list of what you want and it *will* come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember my husband's friend wanted to meet someone to marry - he called all his friends and told them - he was looking for a wife... One night I was out with my best friend from school (we have known each other 30 years) and I asked her about her younger sister - she said that she was having a hard time meeting good guys.. a light bulb went on above my head - I gave my husband's friend the sister number -they met - fell in love and now six years later -they are married and have a beautiful girl.. They are both in their 40s and thought it would never happen....
    Good luck to you and Merry Christmas
    Kelly
    I've Become My Mother

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you are least expecting it and when you aren't looking! You will find it and do what T said. Make a list.

    ReplyDelete