Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tis the season...

Yesterday
was a wonderful day
and wonderful memory
for the kids and I!

We were given Disney tickets!
We live an hour from Disney,
and since my son was born..
It has been a tradition
to go to Disney at Christmas!
In 14 years..
we have only missed one!
Some how it always happens..
even when I am not sure how!

This year,
we were blessed with tickets
and a little spending money!
We were able to get a hotel room near by,
and have a blast at the parks!
We visited 3 parks in 1 day!
It was magical!!

As I looked at my kids..
I felt such joy
at being able to provide this!
The irony is
that technically I did not provide..
it was all gifted to us.
But, some how in the moment
the provision
is the being there..
being open to the ideas..
and being willing to understand
that as a single mom,
accepting kindness like this..
does so much for my kids
so much for me!!!

It was a wonderful day..
and leaves me thankful
for my life
my family
my friends...
and my choices!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memory for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to continue your family tradition... hope you have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an awesome tradition. I am happy that you all got to go!

    ReplyDelete