Saturday, May 22, 2010

The shoes..the shovel...time to dig my way out.




Today,
I started a new hobby.
It is something I have wanted to do for a while...
And something I had begun
to think
was just not possible,
no time!

In my yard
I have a small screened greenhouse.
It has become a place to put displaced items.
It has been my desire to grow a vegetable garden,
but I knew it would take work.

This seemed to be the week to do it.

So much around me is beyond my control.
My depression over my job
has begun to lift,
but my control over when or how
I find another one
is non-existant.

This is something I can do.
Not only can I see the progress,
but I can use the results to care for my family.
Clearing the green house was hard work,
planting the seeds will be tedious,
caring for and protecting the plants time consuming...

But, its mine.
Mine to do,
Mine to choose,
Mine to moniter,
Mine to learn...

In a week of changes and challenges,
This was a welcome moment
to dig in,
dig deep,
and move beyond the junk.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you. I find gardening to be healing and empowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! A greenhouse!! Perfect! And I love the gloves and shoes. Great idea! I love to watch and tend things I have planted
    Enjoy!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how feel. I spend long hours outside. I don't have a big yard (I live in the city)but, I have a lot of vegetable and herbs plants in containers, so, it's time consuming,but, worth it! Blessings,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very smart to stay busy...our business hasn't any work these days, it's hard for so many! You will be in my thoughts and prayers for you and for your growing garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even the fresh air and sunshine will do you good. So glad you are pulling out and up!

    ReplyDelete