Thursday, December 24, 2009

seems anticipation trumps the actual event...

and thats a good thing!
I was dreading Christmas eve...
and yet...
so much time has passed...
and truly
time heals..
altho sometimes you don't know you are OK;
until you get through the event,
that left you wondering JUST how OK you would be...
tonight when the kids went to bed...
I put on a movie..
I lit a fire...
and I went all GIRLY!
something I don't do often..
I gave myself a pedicure...
a face mask (should happen WAY more often LOL!)
I ate chips and salsa...
and wrote about the year past in a journal..
and now, as the house is quiet
and kids are sleeping..
and 'Santa' starts to put the presents under the tree..
I realize
that quite to my amazement
I am having a GREAT night..
I am happy...
I am at peace..
and in this instant..
in this memory,
I have moved through
and on...
Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a GREAT night!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Debbie. I was alone on Christmas eve, so I had all the time in the world to get my hair and nails done.

    Just read your earlier post and I think I'ii do the same ... keep a journal.

    Have a great holiday and praying for peace, love and joy to fill the void..Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Xmas Debbie - I hope you all have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your children

    ReplyDelete